Dolphin Swim and Snorkel Package is an extension of the Encounter experience and it takes place at Bailey’s Key, one of the little keys in front of Anthony’s Key Resort, In Sandy Bay Area. The family of Bottlenose dolphins are living in their private area for years. The experience will start at a beachfront cabaña where you will receive an orientation before to meet the dolphin trainer at the beach and start your encounter in small groups in shallow water enough to stand in: learn about the anatomy, behaviors and strangest curiosities of these beautiful intelligent mammals.
After the first 30 minutes of «warm up», you will be able to continue your experience and actually become a part of the pod for the next 30 minutes. Here, you’ll be able to swim and snorkel with all the dolphins in their environment.
Under the supervision of a trained guide, you will see these creature in their «normal life»: swimming, playing, socializing. If you are lucky you will witness the sweet interaction between mothers and calves, hear how they communicate underwater with their clicks, and offer them a bunch of algae to play with.
- Participants must be 8 years of age or older and be accompanied by a parent or guardian while snorkeling to participate.
- Participants should be familiar with the use of mask, fins, and snorkel. Must have prior snorkeling experience.
- Total time spent with the dolphins is one hour.
- Pregnant women are not allowed.
- Personal cameras are permitted during encounter session only.
- Cameras or video are not allowed in the water during the snorkel session.
- Professional photos available after the swim.
|LOCATION||Anthony’s Key Resort, Sandy Bay|
|SCHEDULED TIME||8.30am – 10.00am – 1.00pm|
|DURATION||60 minutes (30 encounter + 30 swim)|
|WHAT TO BRING||Swimming suit, sandals or flip flops, towels, sun screen, snorkel gear (mask, snorkel and fins) if you have your own, camera to take pictures.|